Dataset & XML

Alessandro

Hi !
I have a web service with a method which returns a dataset.getXML ( a
string), i want on a vb.application with COMPACT FRAMEWORK to create a
dataset from this string.
In Net.framework i just type: oDataset.readXML(new
system.xml.stringreader(stringReturnedByWebService)) and works....... but
not in compact framework.
Anyone have some idea how can do this ?
I doesn.t want to write the string returned into a xml file and then read
xml file and use it in readXML function of dataset.....

Jan Tielens

Alessandro

Why don't you return a DataSet object? By doing so, you don't need to worry
about serialization and de-serialization on your server-side and
client-side.

For example:
<WebMethod> Public Function GetData As DataSet
Dim ds As New DataSet
//Fill dataset
Return ds
End Function

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

Alessandro

Because this web service is used by .NET client and J2EE client.....
and because i must use another web service in J2EE that returns dataset in
XML string......

Jan Tielens

Ah, I see...

I suggest you post this question in the CompactFramework, because in fact it
has little to to with ASP.NET Webservices.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens

Louis Haußknecht

I tried that in c# with ReadXML(string path) and everything was ok. The only
thing I experienced was bad performance of the xml-parser of the compact
framework.

I saved a 2 MB file to a compact flash card and reloaded it afterwards. no
prob.

Louis