    Anyone have some idea how can do this ?
    I doesn.t want to write the string returned into a xml file and then read
    xml file and use it in readXML function of dataset.....
    Alessandro, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Alessandro

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Alessandro

    Why don't you return a DataSet object? By doing so, you don't need to worry
    about serialization and de-serialization on your server-side and
    client-side.

    For example:
    <WebMethod> Public Function GetData As DataSet
    Dim ds As New DataSet
    //Fill dataset
    Return ds
    End Function

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens
    ________________________________

    Jan Tielens, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Alessandro

    Alessandro Guest

    Because this web service is used by .NET client and J2EE client.....
    and because i must use another web service in J2EE that returns dataset in
    XML string......

    Alessandro, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Alessandro

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Ah, I see...

    I suggest you post this question in the CompactFramework, because in fact it
    has little to to with ASP.NET Webservices.

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens

    Jan Tielens, Jan 5, 2004
  5. I tried that in c# with ReadXML(string path) and everything was ok. The only
    thing I experienced was bad performance of the xml-parser of the compact
    framework.

    I saved a 2 MB file to a compact flash card and reloaded it afterwards. no
    prob.

    Louis

    Louis Haußknecht, Jan 5, 2004