dataset

Guest

I have read that the binding for a webdatagris is possible only onf the binding object supports IENUMERABLE interface.

But dataset and datatable are deriving from IListSource. Then how are they gettong binded to a datagrid?

What is the difference b/w ILISTSOURCE and IEnumerable interfaces.

plzz help me out
thnks in advance
reiks

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

IListSource means an interface whose implementer can return an IList
instance so that the object(that implements IListSource) does not itself
implement IList. DataBinding can then happen to the object implementing
IList interface.

IList interface includes implementation for IEnumerable as IList interface
inherits from IEnumerable and ICollection interfaces. So therefore all this
stuff works. IEnumerable interface is the base for all collection
implementations in .NET.