Datasource to use Querystring AND Form

Larry Bud

I've got a page with a simple search form for a Part #. User enters a
partial part #, click Submit, datagrid does it's thing and displays
part #s that match the search. The datasource that is used uses a
Parameter coming from the Form object.

All is well and good.

Have another page that lists a BOM (Bill of Materials) which obviously
contains part #s, and I want to link from Page #2 back to the search
page, passing it a part #, and having it do a lookup for that part, as
if that part # was entered into the search form and the user pressed
the Submit button.

I'm stumped as how to "fool" .NET into thinking the user did this.

Guest

Page 1: Part Search
Page 2: Bill of materials (Multiple parts, with links to Page 1)

Why aren't you simply passing the part # as a query string, then calling the
functionality handled by the Submit button click during the Page_Load event?
You don't need to force a submit.

Larry Bud

Page 1: Part Search
Page 2: Bill of materials (Multiple parts, with links to Page 1)

Why aren't you simply passing the part # as a query string, then calling the
functionality handled by the Submit button click during the Page_Load event?
You don't need to force a submit.

There are additional parameters, such as in a drop down, that can be
selected in the Part Search page (they're optional). So when a user
is in the BOM and selects a part #, it needs to do the Search function
on the part search page since multiple rows can be returned.

But I didn't even think of passing the form as a GET instead of a
POST.