DataSource

Jim McGivney

In ASP 1.1 I used an OleDbConnection, an OleDbDataAdaptor and a DataSet to
connect to an Access Database so that I could add rows, modify and delete
data in C# code behind.
In ASP 2 I see I must work with an AccessDataSource.
What is the relationship of the AccessDataSource to the OleDbDataAdaptor ?
Any documentation that includes how to write C# code-behind would be
appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

Kevin Spencer

Hi Jim,

While you still can use the old method, you may find the new method easier
to use. The AccessDataSource Control does not use a DataAdapter of any kind
(that it exposes, at any rate). It handles its own Connection, fetches its
own data. It is specific to Access, and therefore does not use OleDb to
connect. All you do is set the DataFile property, to let it know where to
find the .mdb file.

You can read more about it here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/dataaccess.asp

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

Jim McGivney

Kevin
Is there anywhere I can find documentation/sample code on DataSource data
manipulation such as delete, add record, edit record in C# code-behind ?
The documentation you pointed me to deals with using a DataGrid.
Thanks,
Jim