  1. James

    James Guest

    Is it possible to store images in a datatable column? (blob)

    James, Jun 16, 2005

  2. James

    Guest

    yes, it is possible

    , Jun 16, 2005

  3. James

    Rippo Guest

    Yes, however I would not do this as there are many issues with this
    scenario

    Instead if you wish to hide your images from a web url then you would
    be better of creating a web page that can retrieve an image from a
    known location that is not in the wwwroot folder.

    Rippo, Jun 16, 2005
  4. James

    James Guest

    Thanks for your very fast reply,

    This is what I want to use this for: I want to export data from a
    webservice.
    - 1 datatable with string,int and so on.
    - 1 datatable with the related the files as blobs.

    The total amount of data will be aproximately 1MB - 30MB

    Is this aproach still not recommended?

    Thanks in advance for your help and effort.

    James, Jun 16, 2005
  5. James

    Rippo Guest

    This should be ok.

    I would personnally create a new database that is just for the images,
    keep your other data seperate from this in its own database.

    >From my expereince having blob and data in a single database resulted

    in the paging of the db to become corrupt as a large amount of smallish
    images were being stored (around 15Gb). This led to all kind of
    problems where we could not restore a database quickly because of these
    issuses. as soon as we sepearted the data from the images then al these
    problems went away.

    Rippo, Jun 17, 2005