Datatable

Rippo

Yes, however I would not do this as there are many issues with this
scenario

Instead if you wish to hide your images from a web url then you would
be better of creating a web page that can retrieve an image from a
known location that is not in the wwwroot folder.

James

Thanks for your very fast reply,

This is what I want to use this for: I want to export data from a
webservice.
- 1 datatable with string,int and so on.
- 1 datatable with the related the files as blobs.

The total amount of data will be aproximately 1MB - 30MB

Is this aproach still not recommended?

Thanks in advance for your help and effort.

Rippo

This should be ok.

I would personnally create a new database that is just for the images,
keep your other data seperate from this in its own database.
From my expereince having blob and data in a single database resulted
in the paging of the db to become corrupt as a large amount of smallish
images were being stored (around 15Gb). This led to all kind of
problems where we could not restore a database quickly because of these
issuses. as soon as we sepearted the data from the images then al these
problems went away.