Dataview in SQL Server Session State Problem

jamie shuker

Hi

I've had a strange problem come to light this morning.

Basically we:

1. Obtain some data from a remote XML source
2. Convert this to a data set
3. Create a dataview from the above dataset
4. Apply a sort to the dataview
5. Cache this dataview (with sort property set) in the session

This process works fine if sessions are InProc in the worker process.
However if we set sessions to use SQL Server, the dataview is stored
but appears to lose its sort property! This obviously causes some
strange problems when we pull the results back out.

We are using .net framework 1.0 SP2 running on Win2k SP3.

Any help would be much appreciated. My inituition tells me that its
probably fixed in 1.1, however it would be cool if anyone happens to
know if is a known issue.

thanks,
jamie.