dataview inserting / viewing records

Guest

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to used a dataview like the following and
how to do it.

I have a new table, no records. I have a new asp.net 2.0 beta 2 webform,
with a
sqldatasource of that table with the insert update delete option selected.

I then put a dataview and attached it to that sqldatasource

now i call the page i get nothing on the page.

So set the parameter on the dataview default mode to insert

call the page and i get a form that i can insert the record..

what i need is after it inserts that record to requery and change the
defaultmode to readonly and show that record

Hope this makes sence, if it goes back to read only then i got past the
first inital record add for that table and then i can use and see the edit
new option that i checked when defaultmode = readonly

pulling my hair out, on something that is probally too easy for me to see
ugh...

Tdar