dataview inserting / viewing records

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?VGRhclRkYXI=?=, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I was wondering if there is a way to used a dataview like the following and
    how to do it.

    I have a new table, no records. I have a new asp.net 2.0 beta 2 webform,
    with a
    sqldatasource of that table with the insert update delete option selected.

    I then put a dataview and attached it to that sqldatasource

    now i call the page i get nothing on the page.

    So set the parameter on the dataview default mode to insert

    call the page and i get a form that i can insert the record..

    what i need is after it inserts that record to requery and change the
    defaultmode to readonly and show that record

    Hope this makes sence, if it goes back to read only then i got past the
    first inital record add for that table and then i can use and see the edit
    new option that i checked when defaultmode = readonly

    pulling my hair out, on something that is probally too easy for me to see
    ugh...

    Tdar
    =?Utf-8?B?VGRhclRkYXI=?=, Sep 14, 2005