    minute and incorrectly the next... anyone help?

    mark
    www.iosilver.co.uk

    mark | r, Sep 20, 2005

  2. mark | r

    Evertjan. Guest

    mark | r wrote on 20 sep 2005 in
    > Im haing issues with dates, theyre swapping between us and uk formats
    > so things are being displayed as the 1st jan or 5th may (01.05 or
    > 05.01) theres no logic to it, and its totally random displaying it
    > correctly one minute and incorrectly the next... anyone help?

    This related to anything ASPish?

    Always use yyy/mm/dd like:

    2005/09/20

    and you don't hai no problems with us nomore.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 20, 2005

  3. Re: 5th january and 1st may ?????

    Read this: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2260

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Sep 20, 2005
  4. Re: 5th january and 1st may ?????

    mark | r wrote:
    > Im haing issues with dates, theyre swapping between us and uk formats
    > so things are being displayed as the 1st jan or 5th may (01.05 or
    > 05.01) theres no logic to it, and its totally random displaying it
    > correctly one minute and incorrectly the next... anyone help?
    >
    > mark
    > www.iosilver.co.uk

    See this article, esp the links at the end:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2260
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 20, 2005
  5. mark | r

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Here's an interesting, related article (although the link may no longer
    work):

    Dates & Times - Usage & Formatting by Darryl Fosbery - 7/15/2000
    http://www.asp-help.com/articles/dates.asp
    "Firstly, the basics. US standard format is MM/DD/YY - and since almost
    all operating systems and databases are writen around the US market,
    that is generally the default format. You can configure Windows NT and
    SQL Server to operate with another format, but SQL Server in particular
    is not entirely reliable in this respect - it operates at it's core in
    US format no matter what date format you set it up for. Of course, if
    you're working with a web hosting provider you have no choice in the
    matter and you'll almost always find that they have set up their
    machines in standard US format."
    "When allowing user date input, always try to set up separate dropdown
    boxes for the day, month and year."

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    <<