Date difference

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Alexandru TUDOSE, Oct 7, 2005.

  1. Hi to all !
    I have 2 fields in a MySQL database. The fields contains calendaristic data.
    I want to generate a HTML report and make difference between theose date
    fields.

    Is there a function in ASP to accomplish this task (like :
    "=dateDiff(date1,date2)" where date1 and date2 are calendaristic dates)?

    Thanks for your help.

    --
    Alexandru TUDOSE
    Network Administrator
    Quality Responsable
    Takosan Automotiv Srl
    Tel / Fax : 0040 248 651548
    Mobil : 0040 740 147 346
    Alexandru TUDOSE, Oct 7, 2005

  2. Alexandru TUDOSE

    McKirahan Guest

    "Alexandru TUDOSE" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi to all !
    > I have 2 fields in a MySQL database. The fields contains calendaristic

    data.
    > I want to generate a HTML report and make difference between theose date
    > fields.
    >
    > Is there a function in ASP to accomplish this task (like :
    > "=dateDiff(date1,date2)" where date1 and date2 are calendaristic dates)?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > --
    > Alexandru TUDOSE
    > Network Administrator
    > Quality Responsable
    > Takosan Automotiv Srl
    > Tel / Fax : 0040 248 651548
    > Mobil : 0040 740 147 346

    "calendaristic"?

    You're close. In VBScript:
    DateDiff("d",date1,date2)
    gives the difference in days.

    Here's the full list:
    "yyyy" = Year
    "q" = Quarter
    "m" = Month
    "y" = Day of year
    "d" = Day
    "w" = Weekday
    "ww" = Week of year
    "h" = Hour
    "n" = Minute
    "s" = Second
    McKirahan, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Thanks a lot.
    I'm sorry for my bad English.
    I was thnking that the word "calendar" has the same meaning like in my own
    language.

    Thanks anyway.

    Alexandru TUDOSE, Oct 10, 2005