    opened on click), and i have a question maybe there is a tutorial how to
    write that datepicker?

    Ven

    ven, Dec 29, 2004

  2. ven

    Guest

    Ven,
    You can create a web control using the calendar control, textbox
    and imagebutton. When the use selects the image button use the click
    event to set the property of the calendar control to
    calendar.visible=true, and after they select the date use the
    calendar.SelectionChanged to hide the calendar and set the value to the
    textbox. Make sure to make a public property on the control to gather
    the date selected. Hope this helps.
    Matt

    , Dec 29, 2004

  3. ven

    Peter Blum Guest

    As the author of one of the most popular date pickers, Peter's Date Package
    (http://www.peterblum.com/datecontrols/home.aspx), I have some knowledge
    here. Naturally, I'd recommend that you purchase one of the third party
    controls available. It will save you a lot of time and deliver code that has
    been tested in the field. In my product, it works on many browsers and
    includes validators, time entry and more. (19 controls total for $50 USD)

    Here is the general idea. You cannot use the ASP.NET Calendar control
    because each time you click on a date or next/prev month, it submits the
    page. When you build a popup calendar inside the same window, you show an
    absolutely positioned <DIV> that contains the calendar. If it submits the
    page, it effectively closes the calendar. To solve this, you need a
    javascript-based calendar that does not submit on each click. It is a big
    task to write one. Its more complicated when you need to support more than
    just Internet Explorer because Mozilla, FireFox, Netscape 7, Opera 7, Safari
    and the rest have slight differences.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email: