date problems with interdev objects

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by josepe, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. josepe

    josepe Guest

    Hi,

    I have an asp site web with connections to a SQL server database.
    All works ok in a Server of USA, I have changed to a new server in UK
    and I have configured the new server as the USA server, OS settings and SQL
    settings.

    But now, only in interdev code, when i show a date field of database show
    with format:
    dd/mm/yy
    This is a big issue for me, because all functions and code works with
    format:
    mm/dd/yy, and now there are a lot of problems.

    I can't change the code of the web, and i think that there are a setting of
    OS or SQL that solve this issue.

    I have been seeking and revising a lot this problem, and the final settings
    are:
    The local OS setting is US_English
    The user connection to SQL setting is English
    The collation of Database is the same of USA server.

    I think the problem is in Interdev code, with a lost parameter, or in a
    internal setting of OS, because if i do a asp page with a simple connection
    to a database the result show date in USA_format, only with pages done with
    Interdev.

    Some idea?

    Thanks a lot!
    josepe, Nov 9, 2005

  2. josepe

    AlanM Guest

    look up LCID
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/6f7bbd54-6d81-41a0-8689-791d6bde7f5a.asp

    AlanM, Nov 10, 2005

  3. josepe

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Some relevant links for you:

    It says yyyy-mm-dd for Access and yyyymmdd for SQL Server:
    How do I delimit/format dates for database entry?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2023

    It says yyyymmdd for SQL Server:
    Could I get a little help with dates?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2040

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

    <<

    Bullschmidt, Nov 10, 2005