date problems with interdev objects

josepe

Hi,

I have an asp site web with connections to a SQL server database.
All works ok in a Server of USA, I have changed to a new server in UK
and I have configured the new server as the USA server, OS settings and SQL
settings.

But now, only in interdev code, when i show a date field of database show
with format:
dd/mm/yy
This is a big issue for me, because all functions and code works with
format:
mm/dd/yy, and now there are a lot of problems.

I can't change the code of the web, and i think that there are a setting of
OS or SQL that solve this issue.

I have been seeking and revising a lot this problem, and the final settings
are:
The local OS setting is US_English
The user connection to SQL setting is English
The collation of Database is the same of USA server.

I think the problem is in Interdev code, with a lost parameter, or in a
internal setting of OS, because if i do a asp page with a simple connection
to a database the result show date in USA_format, only with pages done with
Interdev.

Some idea?

Thanks a lot!

Bullschmidt

Some relevant links for you:

It says yyyy-mm-dd for Access and yyyymmdd for SQL Server:
How do I delimit/format dates for database entry?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2023

It says yyyymmdd for SQL Server:
Could I get a little help with dates?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2040

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

<<