Date stamps from video clips

Josef Garvi

I would like to extract the date/time of recording from video clips
recorded with digital photo cameras (in MJPEG format, wrapped in either AVI
or MOV files). The idea is to automatically index them into a database.

From what I understand, digital photo cameras usualy store their film
clips in either AVI or MOV files:
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000060.shtml (AVI)
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000089.shtml (Quicktime)

Drew Noakes has made a great library for extracting the time stamps (and a
lot of other stuff) from JPEG photos:
http://www.drewnoakes.com/code/exif/

I wonder if there is any similar library, working with film clips, or if
there is any handy information over how to extract this.

TIA

--
Josef Garvi

"Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
http://www.eden-foundation.org/

new income - better environment - more food - less poverty