Date/times in ASPNETDB membership table are in GMT

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by GaryC, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. GaryC

    GaryC Guest

    I am using Forms based user authentication (with the default ms sql
    membership provider).

    There are no problems login on and off.

    However...

    When users login on my web site, the login date/time data in the database
    appears to be GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) instead of the server's local time
    (Eastern US). Is this by design?

    All other functionality on my MS SQL Server 2000 databases use local time.

    I assume (always a dangerous thing to do) that the default ASP.NET 2.0 SQL
    MEMBERSHIP PROVIDER is doing this. Are there any configuration settings
    needing changes?

    Anyone who can help, please respond.

    --
    Gary C (in NC)