DateAdd Function and error BC30451

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Matt Tapia, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Matt Tapia

    Matt Tapia Guest

    I trying to compile a .vb file as such:

    vbc /t:library /out:C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\crm\bin\CRMWebServices.dll
    /r:System.dll /r:System.Data.Dll /r:System.Web.Services.dll
    /r:System.Xml.dll C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\crm\CRMdbService.vb

    In the file I used the function DateAdd. When I compile I get Error BC30451
    Name 'DateAdd' is not declared. I have the following imports in my code:

    Imports System

    Imports System.Data

    Imports System.Data.SqlClient

    Imports System.Web.Services

    Can someone tell me what I need to do to compile this?

    THanks!
    Matt Tapia, Aug 13, 2003

  2. "Matt Tapia" <> wrote in

    > I trying to compile a .vb file as such:
    >
    > vbc /t:library
    > /out:C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\crm\bin\CRMWebServices.dll /r:System.dll
    > /r:System.Data.Dll /r:System.Web.Services.dll /r:System.Xml.dll
    > C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\crm\CRMdbService.vb
    >
    > In the file I used the function DateAdd. When I compile I get
    > Error BC30451 Name 'DateAdd' is not declared. I have the
    > following imports in my code:
    >
    > Imports System
    >
    > Imports System.Data
    >
    > Imports System.Data.SqlClient
    >
    > Imports System.Web.Services
    >

    > Can someone tell me what I need to do to compile this?

    Matt,

    I'm not a VB.Net programmer, but I believe you also need to add a
    reference to Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll to the vbc.exe command line.
    And possibly "Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic" to your code (?).

    Hope this helps.

    Chris.
    C.R. Timmons Consulting, Inc.
    http://www.crtimmonsinc.com/