Dateadd function not adding up...

Gabe

Please see: http://www.showorders.com/test3.asp

The code generating the page is as follows:

testdate = "1/29/2003 1:00:00 PM"

while count <> 5
testdate = dateadd("n",15,testdate)
response.write testdate & "<br>"
count = count + 1
wend

What is going on there? The times should be incrementing by 15 minute
intervals, not 14min and 59 seconds. I have several pages that have
suddenly stopped functioning because of this strange date calculating.
My web host insists there is nothing wrong with the ASP service. Any
help or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Ray at

That exact code produces the results you expect on my machine, XP Pro, WSH
5.6. Are you running an older version of WSH? I can't think of anything in
regional settings that would cause Windows to think that a minute is 59
seconds long.

Ray at home

Gabe

The page is running on a Linux RedHat 7.3 operating system w/ Apache
1.3.27 web server and ChiliSoft Server 3.6.2. The pages in question
were working for almost 2 years then suddenly quit working when the
functionality of the dateadd function apparently changed. I've copied
and pasted my test page to another web host and it works fine there,
so it seems to just be my current web hosting provider, but they say
there is absolutely nothing wrong even after seeing the dateadd
function is adding 14:59 instead of 15:00.

-Gabe

Ray at

Gabe said:
The page is running on a Linux RedHat 7.3 operating system w/ Apache
1.3.27 web server and ChiliSoft Server 3.6.2.

Nice how you failed to mention that most critical part. If there's a
chilisoft forum anywhere, I suggest posting there to see if other people
have the same problem.

Ray at home