Datetime.UTCNow Problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Elizabeth Harmon, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. hi All

    I know this has been asked propably a million times, i hope you'll indulfe
    one more question.

    I am Coding on a Windows 2000 VS.Net 2003 1.1 Box. I need to get Zulu
    Date/UTC/GMT which ever you refer to it as. I thought it was relatively
    simple: dateTime.UTCNow and Bam i have my Zulu time on the Server. How Ever
    It returns the mt local time + Timezone Offset time. any One know why that
    it?

    All i am doing is a simple:

    dim UTCDate as datetime =
    Datetime.UtcNow.toString("yyyy'-'mm'-'dd'T'HH':'MM':'ssfffffff'Z;")
    So at 10 Am EST i should have a Return of 03:00:00000Z but i am getting 1500

    I know i am forgetting something but it has been a long time since i used
    the formatting of Z Dates

    any help is appreciated

    TIA

    Elizabeth Harmon, Dec 8, 2004