DateTimePick control.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Ken Varn, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Ken Varn

    Ken Varn Guest

    I have been experimenting with embedding ActiveX as an HTML Object control
    on my asp.net page utilizing the DATETIMEPICK control. I am a bit new to
    using ActiveX, but I read up on how to implement ActiveX controls into
    ASP.NET and decided to give it a try.

    I basically derived a control from WebControl and gave it a constructor
    value of HtmlTextWriterTag.Object. I added all the Com hooks for the
    DateTimePick class (clsid:20DD1B9E-87C4-11D1-8BE3-0000F8754DA1). The
    control worked great on my web page, but to my dismay only seems to work on
    the localhost browser. I found that this clsid was not available on other
    machines. I distinctly thought that the DateTimePick WIN32 object was put
    in as of Internet Explorer 4 and up. Am I using the wrong clsid? Is there
    an older version of DateTimePick that is available as an ActiveX control
    that is natively installed with IE?

    I know that .NET Windows Forms has a DateTimePicker control, but I do not
    want my clients to have to install .NET framework to use my ASP.NET page on
    their browsers. I would rather implement DateTimePick as an ActiveX control
    as illustrated above. Can someone give me some insight on if this is
    possible?

    --
    Ken Varn

    EmailID = varnk