Dave Roth's site (Win32::AdminMisc, Win32::ODBC, etc.) not available.

Jim Roberts

Does anyone know of an alternate method to contact Dave Roth (other
then (e-mail address removed))?

It appears that his entire domain is unavailable (dns3.roth.net is not
answering authoritatively for roth.net) because none of his hosts
resolve to an IP address (www.roth.net and ftp.roth.net.

-Jim

Sisyphus

Jim Roberts said:
Does anyone know of an alternate method to contact Dave Roth (other
then (e-mail address removed))?

It appears that his entire domain is unavailable (dns3.roth.net is not
answering authoritatively for roth.net) because none of his hosts
resolve to an IP address (www.roth.net and ftp.roth.net.

-Jim

I seem to be able to browse to http://www.roth.net/perl/ . Can you ? ... or
is IE just serving me up a cached version ?

However, trying to get to the links on that page (eg
http://www.roth.net/perl/odbc/ ), results in a "The page cannot be
displayed" error.
I would be surprised if this turns out to be a permanent problem. Try the
site again later.
If you need one or more of his modules in a hurry, try posting to the
perl-win32-users list. Someone there might be able to send you a ppm of the
package(s) you're after.

I couldn't find an alternative email address for him, either.

Cheers,
Rob

Matt Garrish

Sisyphus said:
I seem to be able to browse to http://www.roth.net/perl/ . Can you ? ...
or
is IE just serving me up a cached version ?

However, trying to get to the links on that page (eg
http://www.roth.net/perl/odbc/ ), results in a "The page cannot be
displayed" error.
I would be surprised if this turns out to be a permanent problem. Try the
site again later.
If you need one or more of his modules in a hurry, try posting to the
perl-win32-users list. Someone there might be able to send you a ppm of
the
package(s) you're after.

I couldn't find an alternative email address for him, either.

Anyone find out what the story is? Or if there is any other repository that
provides the modules? It's been down for some time now, so I'm no longer
holding my breath that it's coming back.

Matt

Jim Roberts

Well what ya know... after nearly a week of trying to hit the site, now
it comes up. I'm now suspicious of the DNS server that I've been
pointing to (It's been going unavailable frequently as well).

Thanks guys,

-Jim Roberts

cmuaddi

Can you tell me how can you install it from the cvs repository? I am
trying to install the Win32-Daemon from www.roth.net and having problem
with it.

Thanks

Cecilia

Matt Garrish

Can you tell me how can you install it from the cvs repository? I am
trying to install the Win32-Daemon from www.roth.net and having problem
with it.

Grab the ppd file plus the appropriate tar.gz file (Daemon_500x.tar.gz;
replacing x with 6 if you have 5.6 and 8 for 5.8). Save the files locally in
the same directory and then go to a command window and run "ppm install
Win32-Daemon.ppd" from whatever directory you saved the files to.

Matt

Bart Lateur

Jim said:
I'm now suspicious of the DNS server that I've been
pointing to (It's been going unavailable frequently as well).

Well I examined this last week, and found that the DNS servers
responsible for his domain name, weren't working. So, it's not (just)
yours.