    answering authoritatively for roth.net) because none of his hosts
    resolve to an IP address (www.roth.net and ftp.roth.net.

    -Jim

    Jim Roberts, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Jim Roberts

    Sisyphus Guest

    "Jim Roberts" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know of an alternate method to contact Dave Roth (other
    > then )?
    >
    > It appears that his entire domain is unavailable (dns3.roth.net is not
    > answering authoritatively for roth.net) because none of his hosts
    > resolve to an IP address (www.roth.net and ftp.roth.net.
    >
    > -Jim

    I seem to be able to browse to http://www.roth.net/perl/ . Can you ? ... or
    is IE just serving me up a cached version ?

    However, trying to get to the links on that page (eg
    http://www.roth.net/perl/odbc/ ), results in a "The page cannot be
    displayed" error.
    I would be surprised if this turns out to be a permanent problem. Try the
    site again later.
    If you need one or more of his modules in a hurry, try posting to the
    perl-win32-users list. Someone there might be able to send you a ppm of the
    package(s) you're after.

    I couldn't find an alternative email address for him, either.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Jim Roberts

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Sisyphus" <> wrote in message

    > "Jim Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know of an alternate method to contact Dave Roth (other
    >> then )?
    >>
    >> It appears that his entire domain is unavailable (dns3.roth.net is not
    >> answering authoritatively for roth.net) because none of his hosts
    >> resolve to an IP address (www.roth.net and ftp.roth.net.
    >>

    > I seem to be able to browse to http://www.roth.net/perl/ . Can you ? ...
    > or
    > is IE just serving me up a cached version ?
    >
    > However, trying to get to the links on that page (eg
    > http://www.roth.net/perl/odbc/ ), results in a "The page cannot be
    > displayed" error.
    > I would be surprised if this turns out to be a permanent problem. Try the
    > site again later.
    > If you need one or more of his modules in a hurry, try posting to the
    > perl-win32-users list. Someone there might be able to send you a ppm of
    > the
    > package(s) you're after.
    >
    > I couldn't find an alternative email address for him, either.

    Anyone find out what the story is? Or if there is any other repository that
    provides the modules? It's been down for some time now, so I'm no longer
    holding my breath that it's coming back.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Jim Roberts

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Matt Garrish" <> wrote in message

    > "Sisyphus" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jim Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know of an alternate method to contact Dave Roth (other
    >>> then )?
    >>>
    >>> It appears that his entire domain is unavailable (dns3.roth.net is not
    >>> answering authoritatively for roth.net) because none of his hosts
    >>> resolve to an IP address (www.roth.net and ftp.roth.net.
    >>>

    >> I seem to be able to browse to http://www.roth.net/perl/ . Can you ? ...
    >> or
    >> is IE just serving me up a cached version ?
    >>
    >> However, trying to get to the links on that page (eg
    >> http://www.roth.net/perl/odbc/ ), results in a "The page cannot be
    >> displayed" error.
    >> I would be surprised if this turns out to be a permanent problem. Try the
    >> site again later.
    >> If you need one or more of his modules in a hurry, try posting to the
    >> perl-win32-users list. Someone there might be able to send you a ppm of
    >> the
    >> package(s) you're after.
    >>
    >> I couldn't find an alternative email address for him, either.
    >>

    > Anyone find out what the story is? Or if there is any other repository
    > that provides the modules? It's been down for some time now, so I'm no
    > longer holding my breath that it's coming back.

    In the meantime, if anyone else is looking for Win32-Daemon it can be found
    here:

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cronw/CRONw/modules/#dirlist

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Jim Roberts

    Jim Roberts Guest

    Well what ya know... after nearly a week of trying to hit the site, now
    it comes up. I'm now suspicious of the DNS server that I've been
    pointing to (It's been going unavailable frequently as well).

    Thanks guys,

    -Jim Roberts

    Jim Roberts, Dec 31, 2005
  6. Jim Roberts

    Guest

    Can you tell me how can you install it from the cvs repository? I am
    trying to install the Win32-Daemon from www.roth.net and having problem
    with it.

    Thanks

    Cecilia

    , Jan 4, 2006
  7. Jim Roberts

    Matt Garrish Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Can you tell me how can you install it from the cvs repository? I am
    > trying to install the Win32-Daemon from www.roth.net and having problem
    > with it.

    Grab the ppd file plus the appropriate tar.gz file (Daemon_500x.tar.gz;
    replacing x with 6 if you have 5.6 and 8 for 5.8). Save the files locally in
    the same directory and then go to a command window and run "ppm install
    Win32-Daemon.ppd" from whatever directory you saved the files to.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Jan 4, 2006
  8. Jim Roberts

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Jim Roberts wrote:

    >I'm now suspicious of the DNS server that I've been
    >pointing to (It's been going unavailable frequently as well).

    Well I examined this last week, and found that the DNS servers
    responsible for his domain name, weren't working. So, it's not (just)
    yours.

    --
    Bart.

    Bart Lateur, Jan 4, 2006