Daylight saving in NSW

Neredbojias

The page you have made don't be invoked, as Ed is using a proper mail
client and those your web page will never be called. You idea of
having a form page as a "mail address" is as bad as microsofts idea of
including html to mail.

Mmm, yes, I see what you're saying.
That won't work, a form address isn't a link (maybe you are using a
crappy mail client), even if it would work, there aren't any me@http
protocol.

X-News. The "me@" seems to be ignored.
If you had thought about things more than a millisecond, you had added
your form address in the footer of your message.

The idea is that it should be possible to have a form url as an
(ostensible) email address.
If spammers want to spam you they can use their spambots to use your
form to send you load of spam.

Perhaps possible but unlikely. It's too inefficient for typical spam
mass-mailing.
They just protect themselves from mail header injection and they don't
want to write a code that protects against header injection.

That I can believe.

Neredbojias

That's exactly the point. If the country decides to use DST, there is
nothing you or any other individual can do about it. You may not
agree, but you have to live by it. It's 2.50 PM now in my country,
whether I like it or not. A time offset on the other hand cannot be
enforced. If some people don't use it for whatever reason, there is
nothing you can do about it. But the result is chaos and
misunderstandings. I would agree with you on the regular meeting. But
what about a one time meeting that we planned? When we agreed to meet
at 10 AM, did we mean "10 AM including the time offset", or did we
mean "10 AM excludung the time offset, so actually 9 AM". I honestly
wouldn't know without asking you what you think we agreed upon...

Yes, that could easily cause confusion if left unaddressed, so the answer
is to set a convention. All referred-to times will either be the clock
time or the executable time during the offset time period.

Simple... <g>

Ed Mullen

Neredbojias said:
Well thank you very much for trying it. Damn, that probably means the form
only works within the same domain. Yahoo really sucks when it comes to
form mail

Maybe I'll revert to and update my old form which _did_ work after a
fashion. Hell, it was no worse and some better than Yahoo's canned form
even if the latter functioned.

Thanks again.

Um, um, wait a minute... I just reread your message. Right-clicking on
the "from" field? -Oh, I see! No, that won't work. It's a url, a link;
you have to double click-it to get to a form. No actual email is involve
prior to the form; ergo, one's email address, whatever it may or may not
be, is prefectly safe from spamming. If you include an actual email
address on the form (which isn't required though some kind of handle is).
that email address is still safe because it's only submitted by the form
for reference - never used for actual sending. That (I think) is why Yahoo
does it that way.

Hmm. In SeaMonkey I click your address/link and get a pop-up menu with 4
choices:

Compose mail to
Create filter from
Add to address book
Copy email address

BTW, what's Yahoo got to do with this? You got your script there?

I use Tectite's FormMail. Seems to be pretty good. Very well
documented. http://www.tectite.com/formmailpage.php

Baho Utot

I don't and I couldn't care less. As far as I'm concerned, you are never
realy awake. But what makes you think that DST was invented especially
for you and only for you? I hate to be the one to bring this news to
you, but it wasn't.

Why would I care who it was invented for?

Why would it be invented for me?

I am not in a country that practices DST.

Baho Utot

Is an idea, yes - for the brave. Most people are ruled by their watches,
they have preconditioned their brains to obey the numbers on the clock
:)

That is what I can not figure out. What is So important that you have a
clock do your thinking for you?

We in Philippines don't care what the clock says, we generally go and
come when we desire. If the party starts a 5:00PM and we show up at
8:00PM it's OK. Most of us don't even have a watch.... we can't afford
one :)
As for going to sleep when it gets dark - that won't work most of the
time. (depending on time of year and distance to equator)

Who sleeps?

Els

Baho said:
That is what I can not figure out. What is So important that you have a
clock do your thinking for you?

We in Philippines don't care what the clock says, we generally go and
come when we desire. If the party starts a 5:00PM and we show up at
8:00PM it's OK. Most of us don't even have a watch.... we can't afford
one :)

I bet that even in the Philippines, children have to be in school on
time. Other than obligatory things like school, work, meetings, trains
(okay, European trains) and flights, I agree - I don't look at the
clock most of the time either. (Which probably is why my dinner time
is anywhere between 6 and 8.30. Rough estimate of course.)

Jolly Roger

Baho Utot said:
Who sleeps?

What's "sleep"?

--
Please send all responses to the relevant news group. E-mail sent to
this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM filter. I do not

JR

Neredbojias

Hmm. In SeaMonkey I click your address/link and get a pop-up menu with
4 choices:

Compose mail to
Create filter from
Add to address book
Copy email address

BTW, what's Yahoo got to do with this? You got your script there?

I use Tectite's FormMail. Seems to be pretty good. Very well
documented. http://www.tectite.com/formmailpage.php

Um, yeah. If I understand Mr. Aho right, some news programs automatically
go to a more-or-less "normal" email module to handle it, and in that case
my technique would fail miserably (-because it really isn't email.) Oh
well, it was a hack, anyway, so I'm only upset when I'm sober.

I've bookmarked the tectite page; looks good and I'll check it out later.
I'll probably replace Yahoo's form because even my own super-simple form
didn't do anything less.

Neredbojias

But what if the party ends at 7:30 or all the food is gone? said:
Most of us don't even have a watch.... we can't afford
one :)

Industrialization changes a society's tempo. -I'm not saying for the
better.

Warren Oates

Baho Utot said:
We in Philippines don't care what the clock says, we generally go and
come when we desire. If the party starts a 5:00PM and we show up at
8:00PM it's OK. Most of us don't even have a watch.... we can't afford
one :)

Sounds like Montreal.

Gawd, I hate living in Ontario, full of complacent rednecks in Tilley
hats drinking double-doubles eh? goin to the United Church on Sundays
and Rotary lunch on Wednesdays at noon DST and volunteering to combat
restless leg syndrome at the food bank.

Mike Dee

dorayme said:
I wonder if this is going to cause trouble with Luigi, wherever he
might be? Even if, bless his soul, he has fallen off the perch
(er... is there DLS in heaven?).

Heh, I think he'll survive. Personally, I blame it all on Lemma ;-)

And in the baby-talk vernacular certain local news broadcasters use to
express coming events; "Only five more sleeps until sanity prevails".

Baho Utot

I bet that even in the Philippines, children have to be in school on
time. Other than obligatory things like school, work, meetings, trains
(okay, European trains) and flights, I agree - I don't look at the clock
most of the time either. (Which probably is why my dinner time is
anywhere between 6 and 8.30. Rough estimate of course.)

Well the children generally know when the time comes for school,
sometimes you have to get the up but they usally do this themselves.
If they are late to school it is not a big deal.

If you miss you flight well another will be along. Meetings?
I have not seen a train, I don't think we have them or need them. There
is not the need, you may know, being on an island.

Dinner time is when and where you find it :)

Baho Utot

But what if the party ends at 7:30 or all the food is gone? <g>

The food is never gone. And the party lasts till whenever, it doesn't
really end. The whole neighborhood parties.
Industrialization changes a society's tempo. -I'm not saying for the
better.

Not here :)

dorayme

Toby A Inkster said:
I was brought up in Sydney as it happens.

As to where I'm "from"... that's a question with many answers.

I think he was referring to Adrienne in his post. I remember this
because I rarely want to strangle a Russian.

Ed Mullen

Neredbojias said:
Um, yeah. If I understand Mr. Aho right, some news programs automatically
go to a more-or-less "normal" email module to handle it, and in that case
my technique would fail miserably (-because it really isn't email.) Oh
well, it was a hack, anyway, so I'm only upset when I'm sober.

LOL! Ah, geez. I understand /that/ sentiment!right now I am having to
restrain myself from (at 9:46 PM) going and getting a paint brush and
finishing a job in progress. I seem to get much more motivated after a
few drinks. Fortunately I also (at least in the early stages) also know
that four shots of Jim Beam and paint brush do not bode well for anyone.
Especially if one is going to have another for shots of Jim Beam
DURING the project! Yes, age brings wisdom. Or, well, umm, a greater
desire to not make messes one must clean up later.
I've bookmarked the tectite page; looks good and I'll check it out later.
I'll probably replace Yahoo's form because even my own super-simple form
didn't do anything less.

It is working well for me and I do like how well documented it is. Good
luck with it!

Neredbojias

LOL! Ah, geez. I understand /that/ sentiment!right now I am having
to restrain myself from (at 9:46 PM) going and getting a paint brush
and finishing a job in progress. I seem to get much more motivated
after a few drinks. Fortunately I also (at least in the early stages)
also know that four shots of Jim Beam and paint brush do not bode well
for anyone.
Especially if one is going to have another for shots of Jim Beam
DURING the project! Yes, age brings wisdom. Or, well, umm, a greater
desire to not make messes one must clean up later.

Yes, I've known more than one person who didn't get any wiser as he got
older. -More cunning, perhaps, or shifty, but wiser not in any of the
things which really matter. It's a pity, really, but life goes on
nonetheless.
It is working well for me and I do like how well documented it is.
Good luck with it!

Thank you.

Neredbojias

The food is never gone. And the party lasts till whenever, it doesn't
really end. The whole neighborhood parties.

Not here :)

Sounds nice, actually. Do you live in Manila, or a small town perhaps? I
remember living a life something like that in summer when I was a very
young kid. Naturally I liked it, but as I got older I didn't like not
having the freedom and independence enjoyed by a typical adult. Ergo, I
was still dissatisfied and couldn't wait until I was old enough to assume
the benefits of adultery.

Ed Mullen

Neredbojias said:
Yes, I've known more than one person who didn't get any wiser as he got
older. -More cunning, perhaps, or shifty, but wiser not in any of the
things which really matter. It's a pity, really, but life goes on
nonetheless.

Thank you.

You're welcome. And, to allay any fears, I have put down the sandpaper
and paint brushes for the evening. I will take up again in the morning
the project. I forsee lots of masking tape and newspapers in my future.

and, I'm informed my wife: "Ok, if we ever have to paint the interior
of the house or do any remodeling again, I'm just f*****g selling the
house and moving!!!" Hey! Build a new one, right? Sheesh. All this
painting and spackling and sanding and stuff?

Oh well, secretly I love it. Manly stuff! Tools involved! Drags on for
days! And then I go: What the hell was I thinking? I coulda paid
someone to do this!!!