Daylight saving

Amitabh Deepak

Is there any way to check whether daylight saving is enabled on a linux machine?

JKop

Amitabh Deepak posted:
Is there any way to check whether daylight saving is enabled on a linux
machine?

LOL!

Well I know nothing about Linux... but if it were Windows,
it would be stored in the Windows System Registry, which
you would access with the Registry API's:

RegOpenKeyEx
RegQueryKeyValue

Anyway, (again stressing that I know squat about Linux),
I'd presume that it too has some sort of registry. Search
Google for the likes of:

Linux "daylight savings" registry

Once you've figured out where it's stored in the registry,
the next step is get info on the Linux API's for accessing
it's registry.

Did I mention you're off-topic ;-) ?

-JKop

Moonlit

Hi,

I think you are better of posting in news://alt.linux
and maybe mentioning your distribution might help also.

Regards, Ron AF Greve.

AlanP

JKop said:
Amitabh Deepak posted:

enabled on a linux

LOL!

Well I know nothing about Linux... but if it were Windows,
it would be stored in the Windows System Registry, which
you would access with the Registry API's:

RegOpenKeyEx
RegQueryKeyValue

Anyway, (again stressing that I know squat about Linux),
I'd presume that it too has some sort of registry. Search
Google for the likes of:

Linux "daylight savings" registry

Once you've figured out where it's stored in the registry,
the next step is get info on the Linux API's for accessing
it's registry.

Did I mention you're off-topic ;-) ?

-JKop

:)

Sorry JKop but thats a useless answer
Linux doesn't really use a registry in that manner,, I think