Daylight saving

Discussion in 'C++' started by Amitabh Deepak, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. Is there any way to check whether daylight saving is enabled on a linux machine?
    Amitabh Deepak, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Amitabh Deepak

    JKop Guest

    Amitabh Deepak posted:

    > Is there any way to check whether daylight saving is

    enabled on a linux
    > machine?

    LOL!

    Well I know nothing about Linux... but if it were Windows,
    it would be stored in the Windows System Registry, which
    you would access with the Registry API's:

    RegOpenKeyEx
    RegQueryKeyValue

    Anyway, (again stressing that I know squat about Linux),
    I'd presume that it too has some sort of registry. Search
    Google for the likes of:

    Linux "daylight savings" registry

    Once you've figured out where it's stored in the registry,
    the next step is get info on the Linux API's for accessing
    it's registry.

    Did I mention you're off-topic ;-) ?

    -JKop
    JKop, Sep 17, 2004

  3. Amitabh Deepak

    Moonlit Guest

    Hi,

    I think you are better of posting in news://alt.linux
    and maybe mentioning your distribution might help also.

    Regards, Ron AF Greve.

    Moonlit, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Amitabh Deepak wrote:
    > Is there any way to check whether daylight saving is enabled on a linux machine?

    See gmtime (man gmtime)
    Miguel Gimenez, Sep 17, 2004
  5. Amitabh Deepak

    AlanP Guest

    JKop wrote:
    > Amitabh Deepak posted:
    >

    >>Is there any way to check whether daylight saving is

    > enabled on a linux
    >
    >>machine?
    >>

    > LOL!
    >
    > Well I know nothing about Linux... but if it were Windows,
    > it would be stored in the Windows System Registry, which
    > you would access with the Registry API's:
    >
    > RegOpenKeyEx
    > RegQueryKeyValue
    >
    > Anyway, (again stressing that I know squat about Linux),
    > I'd presume that it too has some sort of registry. Search
    > Google for the likes of:
    >
    > Linux "daylight savings" registry
    >
    > Once you've figured out where it's stored in the registry,
    > the next step is get info on the Linux API's for accessing
    > it's registry.
    >
    > Did I mention you're off-topic ;-) ?
    >
    > -JKop

    :)

    Sorry JKop but thats a useless answer
    Linux doesn't really use a registry in that manner,, I think
    AlanP, Sep 17, 2004