    DateDiff() or Now() that is used in these classic .asp pages that our
    webserver hosts?

    Thanks in advance.

    J, Feb 22, 2007

  2. J wrote:
    > Hello. Our webserver is running Windows 2000 Server iis5 and was
    > wondering if anyone knew if the new Daylight Savings Time rule will
    > affect any classic .asp pages? I think I'm mainly concerned with the
    > date functions like DateDiff() or Now() that is used in these classic
    > .asp pages that our webserver hosts?

    The short answer is "no".

    The long answer can be found at
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb264729.aspx

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 22, 2007

  3. J

    J Guest

    Thank you very much Bob. This saves me much time and headaches in
    researching. I totally appreciate it.

    Take cares.

    J, Feb 22, 2007
  4. J

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote on 22 feb 2007 in

    > "J" <> wrote:
    >> Hello. Our webserver is running Windows 2000 Server iis5 and was
    >> wondering if anyone knew if the new Daylight Savings Time rule will
    >> affect any classic .asp pages? I think I'm mainly concerned with the
    >> date functions like DateDiff() or Now() that is used in these classic
    >> .asp pages that our webserver hosts?
    >>

    > The short answer is "no".

    Bob is right. If you live "no where" as your email address suggests,
    there is no time to speak of, so no problemo.

    "the new Daylight Savings Time rule" where is that?
    The Salomon Islands?

    > The long answer can be found at
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb264729.aspx

    Bob seems to think you live in the US, but I am not so sure.

    There is more of the world out there,
    where possibly new rules could come into effect.

    In short, if your server has the correct time,
    and you want to show and use only that time,
    Whatever dst rule rules is of no consequence.

    =======================

    If however, as in my case, the Server is in Toronto
    and the effective time should be in Central European Time,
    you have a problem for the hours or days,
    that the difference is not 6 hours.

    You will need constructs like [this is for spring 2006]:

    <%
    nowCET = DateAdd("h", 6, Now)

    If nowCET>#2006-03-26 02:00# then nowCET = DateAdd("h", 7, now)
    If now>#2006-04-02 02:00# then nowCET = DateAdd("h", 6, now)

    %>

    Serverside jscript could give you the difference between UTC and server
    datetime, but the differens between utc and requested datetime is up to
    you.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.