DB connection

silesius

Hi All,

I have a simple webform that allows users retrieve some information about
their account from a database. Users login using FormsAuthentication at the
login page and are then taken to webform that shows them their account
information. How do handle the transition from the login page to the account
page as far as storing and retrieving the user name (which is the primary
key to the DB) ? Do I store the user name in a new cookie or can I read from
the cookie that FormsAuthentication creates? Do I use a public variable to
store the user name on the server? What are my options? TIA for any help
or links to good sources of information on this.
Rich