DB Delema

Jeff

Ok gang. I know this may be off topic, but I trust you guys, and don't know
others out there.

I am working on a mega tourney, clan, ladder site. Could be considered
similiar to cases ladders with more to it.

Now I know with everything I will have going on, that using access DB is out
of the question. So my question to you guys is this, would I be better off
using mysql or ms sql for this. Or would I be better off using a completly
diff DB?
http://tz.gig-gamers.com is the site that is being worked on. I could
speculate and say there could be a possibility of having millions of members
on this, which is why the question about the DB.

Can someone shed some light, or point me in the right direction about which
would be better please?
THanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jeff said:
Ok gang. I know this may be off topic, but I trust you guys, and
don't know others out there.

I am working on a mega tourney, clan, ladder site. Could be considered
similiar to cases ladders with more to it.

Now I know with everything I will have going on, that using access DB
is out of the question. So my question to you guys is this, would I
be better off using mysql or ms sql for this. Or would I be better
off using a completly diff DB?

It totally depends on your budget. if you can afford sql server, then use
it.

Why post there instead of to .db?