Db2 Database Developer -1year contract in Bellevue, WA

Discussion in 'Java' started by prachi, Aug 5, 2009.

  1. prachi

    prachi Guest

    Hi ,
    Here is the urgent requirement for DB2 Database Developer position in
    Bellevue, WA. This is a contract position for 1year. Please send
    resumes to

    Client's Enterprise Resource Planning team is seeking an experienced
    and talented Database Developer to help define and expand our
    enterprise-wide financial systems.
    Complete Description:
    Our Enterprise Resource Planning team is seeking an experienced and
    talented Database Developer to help define and expand our enterprise-
    wide financial systems. You will be a member of a team to develop and
    maintain systems that provide business-critical transactional and
    financial data to internal customers (business owners/planners,
    Finance, etc.). You will have the opportunity to make a significant
    business impact in creating and enhancing key capabilities in a
    complex and rapidly progressing environment.

    Responsibilities:

    Proven expertise in DB2 Server development and database design for
    high-volume, large-scale systems; be able to provide hands-on
    direction for system architecture and general software development.

    Be experienced in all functions related to software delivery process,
    including: logical data modeling and translation into a physical
    database; implementing and tuning for performance; assessing business
    rules, functional specifications, and systems documentation;
    performing data analysis; ad-hoc reporting; creating/maintaining batch
    jobs; providing development support for existing systems; etc.

    Be able to employ role based permission controls, configuration
    management of DB objects utilizing source control tools, and database
    change implementation.

    Be a self starter and ensure deliverables are met on time and with
    high quality.

    Be able to identify and resolve systems problems with minimum
    direction.
    Improve our platform by incorporating new technology into existing
    systems.

    Work closely as a team with Application Developers, Business Owners,
    Analysts, Testers, and Operations to implement, deploy, and maintain
    the systems

    Qualifications:

    Strong SQL skills and minimum 5 years professional database design,
    development, and implementation experience with DB2 (experience with
    SQL Server a plus).

    Proven experience in a multi-node partitioned environment.

    Experience with Financial/Accounting applications a strong plus.

    Familiarity with Data Warehouses

    Familiarity with Informatica ETL and Linux scripting a plus.

    MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
    preferred.

    Familiarity with e-commerce systems and internet technologies.

    The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated to work in a fast-
    paced environment, have strong customer focus and technical knowledge,
    and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.

    Work Experience and Education Guidelines:

    Minimum 5 years professional database design, development, and
    implementation experience with DB2 (experience with SQL Server a
    plus).

    MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
    preferred.

    Core Competencies:

    Strong SQL skills

    Database design, development, and implementation experience with DB2
    Thanks,
    Prachi
    prachi, Aug 5, 2009

  2. prachi

    Wojtek Guest

    prachi wrote :
    > Here is the urgent requirement for DB2 Database Developer position in
    > Bellevue, WA.

    Hey, try spamming the DB2 groups...

    --
    Wojtek :)
    Wojtek, Aug 5, 2009

  3. prachi

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Wojtek wrote:
    > prachi wrote :
    >> Here is the urgent requirement for DB2 Database Developer position in
    >> Bellevue, WA.

    > Hey, try spamming the DB2 groups...

    Preferably after swimming 100 miles in a sea with lots of sharks ...

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 5, 2009