    the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

    Thanks,
    Philip

    Philip, Sep 20, 2003

  2. In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$>, Philip wrote:
    > i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
    > the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

    I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work with
    ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with the DB2
    client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.

    http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html

    --
    ..:[ dave benjamin (ramenboy) -:- www.ramenfest.com -:- www.3dex.com ]:.
    : d r i n k i n g l i f e o u t o f t h e c o n t a i n e r :

    Dave Benjamin, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Philip

    Philip Guest

    Dave Benjamin wrote:

    > In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$>, Philip
    > wrote:
    >> i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
    >> the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

    > I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
    > with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
    > the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
    >
    > http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html

    Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
    an native driver)

    I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
    especialy interesting when sharing code)

    But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
    way i have choicen python/jython.

    Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
    that would be fine too.

    Thanks,
    Philip

    Philip, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Philip wrote:
    > Dave Benjamin wrote:
    >

    >>In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$>, Philip
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
    >>>the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

    >>I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
    >>with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
    >>the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
    >>
    >>http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
    >>

    > Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
    > an native driver)
    >
    > I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
    > especialy interesting when sharing code)
    >
    > But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
    > way i have choicen python/jython.
    >
    > Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
    > that would be fine too.

    FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:

    http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/odbc/

    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Software directly from the Source (#1, Sep 23 2003)

    M.-A. Lemburg, Sep 23, 2003
  5. M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
    > Philip wrote:
    >
    >> Dave Benjamin wrote:

    >>> I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
    >>> with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
    >>> the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
    >>>

    >> Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because
    >> didn't find
    >> an native driver)
    >>
    >> I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
    >> especialy interesting when sharing code)
    >>
    >> But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious
    >> reason
    >> way i have choicen python/jython.
    >>
    >> Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
    >> that would be fine too.

    > FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/odbc/

    Oops, you were looking for a Windows driver: those work too
    with mxODBC, but I can't give you a URL.

    Known issues with the driver:

    * Make sure that you switch off connection pooling in the MS ODBC
    manager if your are using multiple connections to the database
    in a single app.

    * The DB2 ODBC Driver for NT has an optimization option called
    early cursor close (or similar). This has to be switched off.
    Otherwise, you'll get lots of SQLSTATE 08001 or 080003 errors
    during connects and parallel execution of commands becomes
    impossible.

    M.-A. Lemburg, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Philip

    Jan Csisko Guest

    Hi Philip,

    please note that the Drivers available at http://www.openlinksw.com
    will provide you with JDBC as well as ODBC access to DB2 from almost
    any OS.

    Hth,
    Regards,
    Jan