DB2 driver for windows

Philip

Hi,
i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Philip

Philip

Dave said:
I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html

Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
an native driver)

I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
especialy interesting when sharing code)

But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
way i have choicen python/jython.

Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
that would be fine too.

Thanks,
Philip

M.-A. Lemburg

Philip said:
Dave Benjamin wrote:

Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
an native driver)

I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
especialy interesting when sharing code)

But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
way i have choicen python/jython.

Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
that would be fine too.

FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/odbc/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source (#1, Sep 23 2003)________________________________________________________________________

M.-A. Lemburg

M.-A. Lemburg said:
FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/odbc/

Oops, you were looking for a Windows driver: those work too
with mxODBC, but I can't give you a URL.

Known issues with the driver:

* Make sure that you switch off connection pooling in the MS ODBC
manager if your are using multiple connections to the database
in a single app.

* The DB2 ODBC Driver for NT has an optimization option called
early cursor close (or similar). This has to be switched off.
Otherwise, you'll get lots of SQLSTATE 08001 or 080003 errors
during connects and parallel execution of commands becomes
impossible.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source (#1, Sep 23 2003)________________________________________________________________________

Jarek Zgoda

M.-A. Lemburg said:
Oops, you were looking for a Windows driver: those work too
with mxODBC, but I can't give you a URL.

There's no URL. Windows ODBC driver for DB2/400 is part of ClientAccess
Express suite and is not available separately.