DB2 XML Editor

GenxLogic

Hi All,
i have requirement to get result in XML form from a DB2
Database server.
Can anybody help me to figure out the solution.

Thanks in Advance
Deepak Kumar

Dag Sunde

GenxLogic said:
Hi All,
i have requirement to get result in XML form from a DB2
Database server.
Can anybody help me to figure out the solution.

Thanks in Advance
Deepak Kumar

I think you have to be more specific...

* Do your db contain plain old tables, and you want
to get a resultset where the rs-columns contains
xml-strings?
- If so, you can either build a stored proc, or a
class to build the xml-string or a DOM object
from the resultset.

* Or do you have xml stored directly in blobs in your tables?
- Just get it.

* Or do you use the new datatype: 'xml' available in viper?
- this can be queried with a combination of SQL and XPATH
(See:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0603saracco2/)