DBA in Oracle

mickey

hi.
can anyone tell me what are the prerequisites/eligibility for being a
DBA in Oracle ..
and how much experience i need in relevent field .
For me being new to sql database starting up with Oracle database is
a bit difficult becoz i dont know from where to start ...which book to
follow ,what refernce material i need ...what to install ....
plzz help me regarding which version 9i/10g/ 11i what should and hw
to decide what to follow ..
actually im planning to move from Java to Oracle ..
plzz help me out regarding this .

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

mickey said:
can anyone tell me what are the prerequisites/eligibility for being a
DBA in Oracle ..

I would expect:
* 5+ years of experience working with Oracle
* fluent in SQL and PL/SQL
* solid experience in database design
* solid experience in performance tuning both system, database and app

Arne

Thomas Kellerer

Arne Vajhøj wrote on 19.02.2007 22:32:
I would expect:
* 5+ years of experience working with Oracle
* fluent in SQL and PL/SQL
* solid experience in database design
* solid experience in performance tuning both system, database and app

* knowing the correct newsgroup for posting *Oracle* related questions

mickey

Arne Vajhøj wrote on 19.02.2007 22:32:

* knowing the correct newsgroup for posting *Oracle* related questions

hi..
thanks 4 replyin me and giving mea better guideline..
i appreciate

mickey

Arne Vajhøj wrote on 19.02.2007 22:32:

* knowing the correct newsgroup for posting *Oracle* related questions

hi Arne ...plzz give me ur mail id ....r u a java programmer ??