dBASE problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sander, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Sander

    Sander Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to access a dBASE database from my webservice. When debugging the
    webservice in my browser (on the server) everything works perfectly.
    However when I try to use the webservice from my console application, I
    don't seem to have sufficient rights to create a lock file, hence this
    error:

    Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
    System.Web.Ser
    vices.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --->
    System
    ..Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open
    the fi
    le '\\nbsander\TCG\TCG.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another
    user,
    or you need permission to view its data.

    This error occurs on the OleDbDataAdapter.Fill method.

    In eventviewer's security log I get logon/logoff's by ANONYMOUS LOGIN, when
    using the console app. When debugging in the browser I don't get anything.
    Impersonation is on, and the identy of the impersonated user is the same
    during debugging and using of the console program.

    I'd appreciate any help on how to solve this problem, or how to further
    debug it.

    Sander
    Sander, Dec 19, 2003

  2. HI Sander,

    I had similar problems with a access db. Giving the user aspnet rights on
    your dBase - Database -file should solv your error!

    Louis

    Louis Haußknecht, Dec 23, 2003