dBASE problems

Sander

Hi,

I'm trying to access a dBASE database from my webservice. When debugging the
webservice in my browser (on the server) everything works perfectly.
However when I try to use the webservice from my console application, I
don't seem to have sufficient rights to create a lock file, hence this
error:

Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
System.Web.Ser
vices.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --->
System
..Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open
the fi
le '\\nbsander\TCG\TCG.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another
user,
or you need permission to view its data.

This error occurs on the OleDbDataAdapter.Fill method.

In eventviewer's security log I get logon/logoff's by ANONYMOUS LOGIN, when
using the console app. When debugging in the browser I don't get anything.
Impersonation is on, and the identy of the impersonated user is the same
during debugging and using of the console program.

I'd appreciate any help on how to solve this problem, or how to further
debug it.

Sander

Louis Haußknecht

HI Sander,

I had similar problems with a access db. Giving the user aspnet rights on
your dBase - Database -file should solv your error!

Louis