DBD::CSV questions and is there a DBD::XML?

Andrew Crook

I wish to save and read data to a CSV or XML file.
manual coding could have problems with multiple writes on a file at the same
time, unless
flock or "\block" are used.

I was hoping that DBD:CSV would take this in to account. But I recently
read:

"I have heard of cases where mod_perl processes block back waiting for their
lock on the CSV, and
once all the Apache children are blocking the server stops responding."

I was wonder if anyone had experience running such a setup and could
comment.

DBD::CSV sounds the best overall solution module wise as it offers SQL
functionality.

Also does anyone know of a DBD::XML module?

regards

Andrew

Andrew Crook

You might be able to retrieve XML via a SQL call and then use an XML
parser on that data returned from your query. Many XML parsers exist
for Perl.

No I don't want the results returned in xml I would like to query a xml file
as a database source using SQL!

did you mean there this a means to use SQL to query a xml source but the
result is in the form of xml, which I would then have to parse.

The actual result would be preferred as a standard record set, but the means
to do the latter would be better than nothing and may be useful in the
future.

Andi