DBD::pg suitable version for DBIx::Textindex 0.25

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by shankar, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. shankar

    shankar Guest

    Hi all,

    recently we upgraded to DBD::pg 1.43 and DBI 1.50 and DBIx::TextIndex
    0.25 and Postgresql
    8.1

    while indexing we got some errors like ;

    " DBD::pg error: statement execution failed: can't execute multiple
    commands
    in prepare,, "

    then i degrade to DBD::pg 1.32 now it works fine, but some errors ..
    can i use below configuration for my application

    1) DBD::pg 1.32
    2) DBI 1.50
    3) DBIx::TextIndex 0.25
    4) Postgresql 8.1
    5) Ubuntu 5.10 and Mandrake 10

    is this combination good,, please give me advise..

    thanks,
    shankar, Mar 13, 2006

  2. shankar

    J. Gleixner Guest

    shankar wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > recently we upgraded to DBD::pg 1.43 and DBI 1.50 and DBIx::TextIndex
    > 0.25 and Postgresql
    > 8.1
    >
    > while indexing we got some errors like ;
    >
    > " DBD::pg error: statement execution failed: can't execute multiple
    > commands in prepare,, "
    >
    > then i degrade to DBD::pg 1.32 now it works fine, but some errors ..
    > can i use below configuration for my application
    >
    > 1) DBD::pg 1.32
    > 2) DBI 1.50
    > 3) DBIx::TextIndex 0.25
    > 4) Postgresql 8.1
    > 5) Ubuntu 5.10 and Mandrake 10
    >
    > is this combination good,, please give me advise..

    I'd suggest fixing your code to correct the error. Possibly an older
    version of those modules allowed something that is no longer valid and,
    generally speaking, using the most recent released version is a good
    idea. If it turns out to be an issue with DBIx::TextIndex, then take
    it up with the author.
    J. Gleixner, Mar 14, 2006