DBD::SQLite FreeBSD install

brian.darkblueb

I wanted to do a quick install of DBI and DBD::SQLite on a pretty new
FreeBSD machine. DBI went fine. But when I got DBD::SQLite, the link
fails with a reference to pthread_create. Looking on the web, I found -
pthread, CFLAGS=-pthread and link with -lpthread. I set an env var,
failure, I then edited the Makefile by hand, but still, the make
works, but the tests fail because "Cant load xxx/SQLite.so - Undefined
symbol pthread_create".

I do not want to install ports.. This is not my machine, and I am not
an admin. I just want a Lite DBI module to do some testing with ...

Please advise, thanks

rahed

works, but the tests fail because "Cant load xxx/SQLite.so - Undefined
symbol pthread_create".

Did you try force install? Usually not recommended but I did it several
times to install DBD::SQLite and it has worked without issues.

brian.darkblueb

Did you try force install? Usually not recommended but I did it several
times to install DBD::SQLite and it has worked without issues.

well, force install made the Module show up as 'installed', but
actually running it gets the same error..

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8: Undefined symbol
"pthread_create"

brian.darkblueb

well, force install made the Module show up as 'installed', but
actually running it gets the same error..

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8: Undefined symbol
"pthread_create"

I hand edited the Makefile. added -pthread to CCFLAGS, added -lpthread
to both EXTRALIBS and LDLOADLIBS

now it works...

brian.darkblueb

I hand edited the Makefile. added -pthread to CCFLAGS, added -lpthread
to both EXTRALIBS and LDLOADLIBS

now it works...

well, I *think* it works.. the tests run, except one file will fail,
in the middle, in three test runs it has been the same one twice and
another the third time. I ran a sample program that I wrote myself..
pretty sure it should work unmodified, but ...

now trying another example.. got "out of memory" at an odd place..
weird
is this really that screwy?