DBD::Sybase, FreeTDS problem

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

Perl 5.8.2
Solaris 9
FreeTDS 0.63 (20040622)
DBI 1.42
DBD::Sybase 1.04

I installed FreeTDS 0.63 successfully. I can definitely connect using
tsql. However, when I try this simple script I get an error.

use strict;
use warnings;
use DBI;
use DBD::Sybase;

my $login = "user";
my $passwd = "xxxx";
my $server = "SOME-SERVER";
my $host = "somehost";
my $port = 1030;

$ENV{SYBASE} = "/usr/local";
my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=$server;host=$host;port=$port",$login,
$passwd);

$dbh->disconnect();

The error is: This version of OpenClient doesn't support CS_SERVERADDR
at /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/DBD/Sybase.pm line 87.

I saw nothing in the archives or on Google about this. Any ideas?

Regards,

Dan

Michael Peppler

[...]

DBD::Sybase doesn't use the host/port method of connecting to a database
server. Instead it uses a logical server name defined in the interfaces
file (or in the freetds.conf file.)

The only exception is when using Sybase OpenClient 12.5.1 or later, where
the API has the ability to by-pass the interfaces file.

If "SOME-SERVER" is defined in your freetds.conf file you can simply
remove the host/port info from the DSN and it should work correctly.

Michael