DBD::Sybase with FreeTDS on 64-bit linux fix

Andrew

Just wanted to post a rather trivial fix that took me hours of
fruitless googling and tinkering

This symlink fixed the error below, occurring with "DBD::Sybase" usage
in my script (on a Fedora 9):

ln -s /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so.4 /usr/lib64/

Note: a symlink at /usr/local/lib64 did NOT help for me.

Not sure if this is the best/cleanest way, but it seems to work. I
would guess that Perl is doing everything correctly, and it is freetds
that doesn't install its shared objects in accordance with (Fedora?)
convention. The gurus here might have more info on this.

perl error:

install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib64/perl5/
site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so'
for module DBD::Sybase: libct.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-
multi/DynaLoader.pm line 203.
at (eval 7) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where
expected
at [path-to-script] line [whatever]