DBI and MS SQL 2000 Server - Where to start?

Bob

Reposting this, 'cause none of the air-heads on perl.dbi.users could
even be bothered to answer this:

Ok, I am trying to write code on win32 platform to access MS SQL 2000
server. Portability is not really an issue today, but I have decided to
go down the DBI road, just in case. I imagine writing a large Perl/SQL
Server toolkit in perl.

So DBI interface is all I hear about. But what is he DBD that I should
use to acess MS SQL 2000 (and soon 2005) servers? Any of you chaps got
a choice recomendation. It seems to me that there are least three

1. DBI::ADO
2. DBI::Sybase - with some FREETDS stuff (or is this just for *NIX?)
3: DBI::ODBC - ADO must be better right?

and there are probably even more. I would like to hear from someone
who has done a lot of this before. BTW; I also do a lot of OLE/SQL-DMO
stuff with perl, but the DBI is a new area for me.

Reinhard Pagitsch

Hello Bob,

Bob wrote:

[snip]
a choice recomendation. It seems to me that there are least three

1. DBI::ADO
2. DBI::Sybase - with some FREETDS stuff (or is this just for *NIX?)
3: DBI::ODBC - ADO must be better right?

I use DBI::ODBC to connect to MS SQL Servers.

regards,
Reinhard