DBI error

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Laszlo, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. Laszlo

    Laszlo Guest

    Hi everybody

    I am a beginner in Perl DBI.
    The following dummy code

    "
    #!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
    #
    use DBI;
    "

    returns this error message:

    "
    DBI object version 1.34 does not match $DBI::VERSION 1.35 at
    C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 249.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/DBI.pm line 255.
    Compilation failed in require at dbi01.pl line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at dbi01.pl line 1.
    "

    What is wrong ?

    Laszlo, Nov 9, 2003

  2. I'm far from being an expert when it comes to the DBI, but if you're getting
    a version mismatch it's probably a good idea for you to update your copy of
    DBI.pm and the related files.

    Colin McSwiggen, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Laszlo

    Nick Santos Guest

    I too am far from being an expert, however, I'd agree. if that little
    snippet alone generates an error, it sounds like your version of perl has a
    problem with your version of DBI, and so while you're upgrading DBI, I'd
    recommend upgrading your perl installation as well. Also(remember that I'm
    just guessing) it looks like something is stating that your DBI version is
    different than perl thinks it should be, which would further indicate that
    maybe an upgrade is needed

    Nick Santos, Nov 29, 2003