DBI Oracle dbms_application_info package

Ben

Here's my environment information

mach1> perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 2)
configuration:
Platform:
osname=aix, osvers=5.2.0.0, archname=aix-thread-multi
uname='aix animals 2 5 000709cf4c00 '
config_args=''
hint=previous, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
usethreads=define use5005threads=undef useithreads=define
usemultiplicity=define
useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef

using DBI for an Oracle database connection to a 10.2.0.2 version
database.

Is it possible or logical to use the
dbms_application_info.set_session_longops procedure to pass
information of long running processes from a perl script? If so how
have you done it?

I typically use dbms_application_info.set_module or set_action to pass
information on the program and area within the program. But I'd like
to use set_session_longops to track the progress of perl scripts from
within the database.