DBI Oracle dbms_application_info package

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Ben, Oct 24, 2008.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Here's my environment information

    mach1> perl -V
    Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 2)
    configuration:
    Platform:
    osname=aix, osvers=5.2.0.0, archname=aix-thread-multi
    uname='aix animals 2 5 000709cf4c00 '
    config_args=''
    hint=previous, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
    usethreads=define use5005threads=undef useithreads=define
    usemultiplicity=define
    useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef

    using DBI for an Oracle database connection to a 10.2.0.2 version
    database.

    Is it possible or logical to use the
    dbms_application_info.set_session_longops procedure to pass
    information of long running processes from a perl script? If so how
    have you done it?

    I typically use dbms_application_info.set_module or set_action to pass
    information on the program and area within the program. But I'd like
    to use set_session_longops to track the progress of perl scripts from
    within the database.
    Ben, Oct 24, 2008