DBM and SDBM

Hal Fulton

I thought (correct me if I'm wrong) that SDBM had the same
interface/behavior as DBM.

I use DBM on Linux... and I *have* used SDBM in its place
on Windows.

But now I have a piece of code that reproducibly fails.

If you want to look into it, try Tycho 0.0.7 on Windows. ;)
You'll need Fox and fxruby, possibly requiring the "old"
versions (1.0.x).

Thanks for any insight...

Hal

gabriele renzi

Hal Fulton ha scritto:
I thought (correct me if I'm wrong) that SDBM had the same
interface/behavior as DBM.

I use DBM on Linux... and I *have* used SDBM in its place
on Windows.

But now I have a piece of code that reproducibly fails.

thewre was a bug in sdbm up to some stage.. related to objects converted
via to_s and to_str when store/retrieved. If you're using an object as a
key that may be the problem, already fixed in cvs.

Hal Fulton

gabriele said:
Hal Fulton ha scritto:

thewre was a bug in sdbm up to some stage.. related to objects converted
via to_s and to_str when store/retrieved. If you're using an object as a
key that may be the problem, already fixed in cvs.

I think I'm only using strings as keys.

Hal