    Thank you,
    Christopher Lusardi
    , Apr 13, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I fork a child process. How can I tell a debugger which process
    > to follow?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Christopher Lusardi

    in dbx it is a dbxenv - see "help dbxenv" and search for follow_fork.
    don't know for gdb...

    Tom
    Thomas Maier-Komor, Apr 13, 2005

  3. On 13 Apr 2005 06:30:01 -0700,
    <> wrote:

    > I fork a child process. How can I tell a debugger which process
    > to follow?

    (a) Don't crosspost to both comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++, pick one
    depending which language you are using.

    (b) 'fork' and 'debugger' are not C (or C++) concepts. Try asking on a
    newsgroup appropriate to your operating system or to your debugger.
    For instance comp.unix.programmer for Unix problems.

    Chris C
    Chris Croughton, Apr 13, 2005