DBXML and the Xerces DOM

Discussion in 'Python' started by nikki, Jul 12, 2007.

  1. nikki

    nikki Guest

    I downloaded Berkeley DB XML and put together a test script to load a
    large 250mb XML file into the database. Storage and retrieval works
    great, but I need DOM access to the file without loading it all into a
    string and re-parsing it. In the c++ api (they used swig to expose c+
    + to python) it says there is a XmlDocument::getContentAsDOM() method,
    but when I try to access it via python I just get an attribute error.
    I looked in the source and the method isn't mapped at all! Has anyone
    had this work, ever?

    from dbxml import *

    mgr = XmlManager()
    container = mgr.openContainer("test.dbxml")
    document = container.getDocument('test1')
    dom = document.getContentAsDOM()

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "look.py", line 10, in ?
    dom = document.getContentAsDOM()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbxml.py", line 277, in
    <lambda>
    __getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, XmlDocument,
    name)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbxml.py", line 28, in
    _swig_getattr
    raise AttributeError,name
    AttributeError: getContentAsDOM

    nikki, Jul 12, 2007