DCom got error Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.....

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by AmyAdmin, Dec 2, 2004.

  1. AmyAdmin

    AmyAdmin Guest

    I am running windows 2000 with IIS 5.0 and I have ASP and .NET apps running
    on that server, and I've been getting the error message in my event viewer:

    DCom got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" and was unable to
    logon .\IWAM_servername in order to run the server.

    Followed by another error:

    The server stop serving requests for application __________ because of the
    number of out of process component crashes exceeded a limit.

    When this happens my ASP sites (all of them) report Server Application Error
    at the url, however it doesn't affect my .net apps. I've been searching for
    an answer for a long time, for now I run the syncIwam.vbs script but that
    only fixes it for a short time before it happens again.

    Thoughts?

    --
    Thanks for all the help in advance

    -Amy

    AmyAdmin, Dec 2, 2004

  2. AmyAdmin wrote:
    > I am running windows 2000 with IIS 5.0 and I have ASP and .NET apps
    > running on that server, and I've been getting the error message in my
    > event viewer:
    >
    > DCom got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" and was
    > unable to logon .\IWAM_servername in order to run the server.
    >
    > Followed by another error:
    >
    > The server stop serving requests for application __________ because
    > of the number of out of process component crashes exceeded a limit.
    >
    > When this happens my ASP sites (all of them) report Server
    > Application Error at the url, however it doesn't affect my .net apps.
    > I've been searching for an answer for a long time, for now I run the
    > syncIwam.vbs script but that only fixes it for a short time before it
    > happens again.
    >
    > Thoughts?

    Get the Event ID from the event viewer and go to www.eventid.net to look it
    up.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 2, 2004

  3. AmyAdmin

    AmyAdmin Guest

    I did that the event ID is 10004 and the source is DCOM. The syncIwam.vbs -v
    script does work, but it doesn't stop it from continuing to happen. I'm so
    frustrated! I don't know what's causing this!

    Thanks, Amy

    AmyAdmin, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Sorry, I've never come across this error. Have you tried Google? Maybe
    someone at .inetserver.iis can help

    Bob Barrows

    AmyAdmin wrote:
    > I did that the event ID is 10004 and the source is DCOM. The
    > syncIwam.vbs -v script does work, but it doesn't stop it from
    > continuing to happen. I'm so frustrated! I don't know what's causing
    > this!
    >

    > Thanks, Amy
    >
    > "Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> AmyAdmin wrote:
    >>> I am running windows 2000 with IIS 5.0 and I have ASP and .NET apps
    >>> running on that server, and I've been getting the error message in
    >>> my event viewer:
    >>>
    >>> DCom got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" and was
    >>> unable to logon .\IWAM_servername in order to run the server.
    >>>
    >>> Followed by another error:
    >>>
    >>> The server stop serving requests for application __________ because
    >>> of the number of out of process component crashes exceeded a limit.
    >>>
    >>> When this happens my ASP sites (all of them) report Server
    >>> Application Error at the url, however it doesn't affect my .net
    >>> apps. I've been searching for an answer for a long time, for now I
    >>> run the syncIwam.vbs script but that only fixes it for a short time
    >>> before it happens again.
    >>>
    >>> Thoughts?
    >>>

    >> Get the Event ID from the event viewer and go to www.eventid.net to
    >> look it up.