DCom got error Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.....

AmyAdmin

I am running windows 2000 with IIS 5.0 and I have ASP and .NET apps running
on that server, and I've been getting the error message in my event viewer:

DCom got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" and was unable to
logon .\IWAM_servername in order to run the server.

Followed by another error:

The server stop serving requests for application __________ because of the
number of out of process component crashes exceeded a limit.

When this happens my ASP sites (all of them) report Server Application Error
at the url, however it doesn't affect my .net apps. I've been searching for
an answer for a long time, for now I run the syncIwam.vbs script but that
only fixes it for a short time before it happens again.

Thoughts?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

AmyAdmin said:
I am running windows 2000 with IIS 5.0 and I have ASP and .NET apps
running on that server, and I've been getting the error message in my
event viewer:

DCom got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" and was
unable to logon .\IWAM_servername in order to run the server.

Followed by another error:

The server stop serving requests for application __________ because
of the number of out of process component crashes exceeded a limit.

When this happens my ASP sites (all of them) report Server
Application Error at the url, however it doesn't affect my .net apps.
I've been searching for an answer for a long time, for now I run the
syncIwam.vbs script but that only fixes it for a short time before it
happens again.

Thoughts?

Get the Event ID from the event viewer and go to www.eventid.net to look it
up.

Bob Barrows

AmyAdmin

I did that the event ID is 10004 and the source is DCOM. The syncIwam.vbs -v
script does work, but it doesn't stop it from continuing to happen. I'm so
frustrated! I don't know what's causing this!

Thanks, Amy

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Sorry, I've never come across this error. Have you tried Google? Maybe
someone at .inetserver.iis can help

Bob Barrows