DCOM & W3SVC Errors

Miguel Orrego

Hi,

I am trying to migrate an asp app from an NT4 Server to a Win 2k Server.

The directory structure & DSNs have been copied over and IIS configured in
the same way as the old server.

However, when trying to open the app in IE, I get en internal server error
mesage from the app, which doesn't give any info at all (This is not the
typical IE error message, it's been configured in the app).

2 things happen in the event log:

DCOM Error Event ID 10004:
DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to
logon .\IWAM_SERVER in order to run the server:
{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

W3SVC Warning Event ID 36:
The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/Application'. The
error was 'The server process could not be started because the configured
identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

After trying to load the page a few of times the IWAM_SERVER account also
locks out.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Miguel Orrego

BTW, I Installed IIS on the 2k box and then had to uninstall it & install
again.

Could that have somehow got the IWAM_SERVER account in a mess?

Cheers.