DDE Hotlinks in Python

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Miguel_Hern=E1ndez_Martos?=

Hello,

I have seen an old post (http://dbforums.com/t552213.html) refering to the
support for dde hot links in win32all. With dde module I can build a DDE server
that notifies clients (VB and Delphi clients) of changes (using SetData method)
and it works great.

The problem is that I also would like to code a Python dde client that can be
notified of changes from a server. I browsed the source code of dde module and I
think it can't be done, but I'm not a win32 guru. Can anybody tell me if that
can be done with dde module bundled with win3all?

Thanks in advance.
--
Miguel Hernández Martos | Ingeniería y Control Remoto, S.A.
Departamento de Software | Pol. Ind. Juncaril C/Baza Parc. 207

Syver Enstad

Miguel Hernández Martos said:
Hello,

I have seen an old post (http://dbforums.com/t552213.html) refering to

the support for dde hot links in win32all. With dde module I can build

a DDE server that notifies clients (VB and Delphi clients) of changes
(using SetData method) and it works great.

The problem is that I also would like to code a Python dde client that

can be notified of changes from a server. I browsed the source code of

dde module and I think it can't be done, but I'm not a win32 guru. Can

anybody tell me if that can be done with dde module bundled with
win3all?

Hi Miguel, you are quite right that it can't be done with the current
implementation of dde in win32all. I have made a patch to the dde
module that implements dde hotlinks. I sent it to Mark Hammond about a
year ago but I don't think it is included in win32all yet.

I can see if I can locate the patch and send it to you if you are
interested.

GenesisGai