    ------------------------------| 18220 Albolote-Granada (España)
    <> | Tels.: + 34 958 43 00 05/10
    http://www.icr-sa.com | Fax: + 34 958 46 79 08
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Miguel_Hern=E1ndez_Martos?=, Aug 25, 2003

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Miguel_Hern=E1ndez_Martos?=

    Syver Enstad Guest

    Miguel Hernández Martos <> writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have seen an old post (http://dbforums.com/t552213.html) refering to
    >
    > the support for dde hot links in win32all. With dde module I can build
    >
    > a DDE server that notifies clients (VB and Delphi clients) of changes
    > (using SetData method) and it works great.
    >
    > The problem is that I also would like to code a Python dde client that
    >
    > can be notified of changes from a server. I browsed the source code of
    >
    > dde module and I think it can't be done, but I'm not a win32 guru. Can
    >
    > anybody tell me if that can be done with dde module bundled with
    > win3all?

    Hi Miguel, you are quite right that it can't be done with the current
    implementation of dde in win32all. I have made a patch to the dde
    module that implements dde hotlinks. I sent it to Mark Hammond about a
    year ago but I don't think it is included in win32all yet.

    I can see if I can locate the patch and send it to you if you are
    interested.

    --

    Vennlig hilsen

    Syver Enstad