DDE Server interaction

SPG

Apologies for repost, but my last post on this topic was rather less thought
through!

I need to implmement a DDE service via JAVA, and more to the point, from an
applet.

I am assuming I'll have to use JNI to make calls through a DDE server dll,
which will be present on the Windows platform, but I am wondering if anyone
else has managed to find some tools to to this.

I have found things like the NevaObjects samples that rpovide a huge library
to do many things, but all we need to do is the following:

1. Register a service, Topic, Item
2. Listen for connections from an Excel sheet who has entered the formula
"=Service|Topic!Item"
3. send advice for updates tot he server so the sheet can recieve the data.

Any ideas?

Steve