ddl in datagrids

Carl

Hello All..

I'm trying to find the best way to edit two columns in a datagrid. The data
source for each of the two editable items are presented in the form a drop
down lists.

Upon clicking edit for a row, I'd like to present a ddl in each of the two
editable columns. The first column determines the contents of the second
column.

Upon clicking save, I'd like the two selected items to be saved. I've done
inline editing before with text boxes, but not with ddl's.

Is this possible.. and if so.. can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks very much.

Carl

Igor Okulist

This is a pain to do. i looked at some samples, but somehow everybody
fails to solve the selection of needed item in the ddl (i.e. when you edit
the grid it suppose to show up correct selection)

Here is what i did, first of all it is not perfect (far from it) but works
well

The query shall return two things:
*Text representation of the selected item (just for viewing)
*Id representation of the selected item (for editing)

In the aspx file:
* assign the datasource to a function that returns a list of items
* assign the selected index to a function that will return the selected
index. You will have to search through the list of items from the first
function to figure out the index