    Java. Basically I need to compress data with a program written in Delphi
    and uncompress this data with a program written in Java. Can anyone
    point towards a solution?

    NB, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Andrew Thompson, Jun 2, 2004

  3. NB

    Rune Berge Guest

    NB wrote:
    > I'm in need of a (de)compression-routine to be used with both Delphi and
    > Java. Basically I need to compress data with a program written in Delphi
    > and uncompress this data with a program written in Java. Can anyone
    > point towards a solution?

    I'm sure there is some implementation of zip-compression available for Delphi on the net
    somewhere.

    Use the java.util.zip package to uncompress zip files with Java.

    Rune

    Rune Berge, Jun 2, 2004
  4. NB

    Andy Fish Guest

    if you can call DLLs from delphi, you can use the zip libraries (search for
    info-zip) in delphi in conjunction with the zip classes built into java.
    This is what I did when I wanted to pass zipped data between VB and Java
    apps.

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Jun 2, 2004