deadlock and thread

focode

i am a j2me programmer and facing some problem , problem statement is
as follows ..

i have "main" java program usually called as midlet , and several
other java programs which is called by the main program to perform
several task such as sending and receiving sms etc.

my main program send sms to a particular number eg "53030" and waits
for sms to be received in the j2me application , sms comming from
server takes some time , in the mean time , my application is hanged ,
and as soon as the sms is received , hanging problem or deadlock
situation come to an end , if i use threads i think this problem will
be eliminated , i need suggestion as to how to implement thread and
eliminate my problem .

sms recieving program contains a mandatory fuction, that does the job
of listening the sms .

any solution will be of general type as it is implemented in j2se .

pseudo implementation of the programs are as follows :

// structure of main program
public class main_program
{

public static void main (String str[])
{

sms s = new sms() // when this fuction is called my
application goes into deadlock state
String sms_recevied = s.listen(); // calling the
sms class to receive sms
System.out.println(sms_recevied); // printing the
sms received
// structure of the sms listenning program
public class sms
{
String listen()
{
String sms_recieved = // incoming sms is
recieved here

return sms_recieved;

if any one can help me to implement it through java thread so that no
deadlock occurs.

thanks and regards
Arunesh

Roedy Green

[...]

I think all you are trying to do is put this code in the background so
that nothing ties up while it waits for a response.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/thread.html

I suspect you are using the word "deadlock" in some non-standard way:

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/deadlock.html