Dealing with multiple excel sheets

Rohan

Hello,
I would like to write a script which does the following job.
Take column1 and 7 from 10 different excel sheets and pasthe them into
a new excel worksheet.
Any ideas on how to do it
Thanks,

kyosohma

Hello,
I would like to write a script which does the following job.
Take column1 and 7 from 10 different excel sheets and pasthe them into
a new excel worksheet.
Any ideas on how to do it
Thanks,

Try studying this code:

http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/2036

or this:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html

or this:

http://mathieu.fenniak.net/plotting-in-excel-through-pythoncom/

Learning COM objects can be fun...or it can be a pain, depending on
your attitude and what you're trying to automate.

Mike

Neil Cerutti

I would like to write a script which does the following job.
Take column1 and 7 from 10 different excel sheets and pasthe
them into a new excel worksheet. Any ideas on how to do it

Get the xlrd Python module. It'll come in handy.