    a new excel worksheet.
    Any ideas on how to do it
    Thanks,
    Rohan, Aug 7, 2007

  2. Rohan

    Guest

    On Aug 7, 1:05 pm, Rohan <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I would like to write a script which does the following job.
    > Take column1 and 7 from 10 different excel sheets and pasthe them into
    > a new excel worksheet.
    > Any ideas on how to do it
    > Thanks,

    Try studying this code:

    http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/2036

    or this:

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html

    or this:

    http://mathieu.fenniak.net/plotting-in-excel-through-pythoncom/

    Learning COM objects can be fun...or it can be a pain, depending on
    your attitude and what you're trying to automate.

    Mike
    , Aug 7, 2007

  3. Rohan

    Neil Cerutti Guest

    On 2007-08-07, Rohan <> wrote:
    > I would like to write a script which does the following job.
    > Take column1 and 7 from 10 different excel sheets and pasthe
    > them into a new excel worksheet. Any ideas on how to do it

    Get the xlrd Python module. It'll come in handy.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    Neil Cerutti, Aug 7, 2007