Dealing with Quotations (") in HTML

Jesse

Whenever I write a line of code that uses quotation marks, such as..

<% foreach (merri.Data.dsMerri.AlbumDetailsRow dr in
merri.Business.AllBusiness.ArtistAndAlbumByStyle("Children")) {%>

I recieve an error message if I try to view the designer. I have tried
to comply with the message that says to surround the <%%> with ' quotes,
but it doesn't help. What am I doing wrong?

Jesse

Okay, But I can't send HTML tags through functions from the code behind
page if the tag includes ".
I understand object-oriented, but the majority of examples that exist
are not written in that fashion. Can you offer a code based solution for
this?

<% foreach (System.Data.DataRow drs in AlbumArray){
merri.Data.dsMerri.AlbumRow newDr =
(merri.Data.dsMerri.AlbumRow)drs; %>
<A
href="album.aspx?album=<%=newDr.Album_ID%>;&amp;style=<%=newDr.MusicStyle%>"

</A>
<% } %>

The "'s don't allow me to write the text in a function. So how do? I
have been trying to follow the microsoft articles on web patterns, but
no examples exist of this nature. I would really appreciate the help.

?

/..

By Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:03:43 -0400, Jesse <[email protected]>
decided to post
"Re: Dealing with Quotations (") in HTML" to
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet:
Okay, But I can't send HTML tags through functions from the code behind
page if the tag includes ".
I understand object-oriented, but the majority of examples that exist
are not written in that fashion. Can you offer a code based solution for
this?

<% foreach (System.Data.DataRow drs in AlbumArray){
merri.Data.dsMerri.AlbumRow newDr =
(merri.Data.dsMerri.AlbumRow)drs; %>
<A
href="album.aspx?album=<%=newDr.Album_ID%>;&amp;style=<%=newDr.MusicStyle%>"

</A>
<% } %>

The "'s don't allow me to write the text in a function. So how do? I
have been trying to follow the microsoft articles on web patterns, but
no examples exist of this nature. I would really appreciate the help.

Did you try
1. using single quotes in place of double quotes?
2. escaping the double quotes: \"albumlink\"
3. using hex values for literal characters? (there are some parsing
classes in .net that will do the conversions for you)
4. creating literal strings: @"myValue";
or
@"""myValue""";

Surely one of these suggestions will work for you?

HTH,

/ts

--

exec rm -r /bin/laden*

"We are stardust, we are golden,
And we've got to get ourselves back to the Garden"
Joni Mitchell