Dealing with WSDL file in deifferent location than webservice

JerryK

Hi,

We have a Webservice we need to access. Usually I would go to Visual Studio
and simply add a Web Reference and call this reference from my code. But in
this case the Web Service is on a server which I cannot access at design
time. However, they have provided me the WSDL file. How can add a call to
this service to my app?

Thanks,

jerry

Manohar Kamath

It is the same as if you were to refer to an URL. Just do a "Add Web
Reference" in your VS.NET explorer, and point the address to the path of the
WSDL file (try to copy the entire file path), and the web service reference
will be added.

Hope that helps.

JerryK

You are correct this adds the web service reference but it point to my
system where the WSDL file resides, not the system where the web service
resides. When I tehn check the Properties for the reference I cannot alter
the path to the web service.

jerry

JerryK

I manged to figure this out. I just modified the definition of the WSDL
file to point to the correct URL. Hopefully everything will work.

jerry

Dan Rogers

You can also set the URL property on the generated proxy to "dynamic" - and
this will let you set the URL at runtime.