    this service to my app?

    Thanks,

    jerry
    JerryK, Mar 2, 2005

  2. It is the same as if you were to refer to an URL. Just do a "Add Web
    Reference" in your VS.NET explorer, and point the address to the path of the
    WSDL file (try to copy the entire file path), and the web service reference
    will be added.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    "JerryK" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a Webservice we need to access. Usually I would go to Visual

    Studio
    > and simply add a Web Reference and call this reference from my code. But

    in

    Manohar Kamath, Mar 2, 2005

  3. JerryK

    JerryK Guest

    You are correct this adds the web service reference but it point to my
    system where the WSDL file resides, not the system where the web service
    resides. When I tehn check the Properties for the reference I cannot alter
    the path to the web service.

    jerry

    JerryK, Mar 2, 2005
  4. JerryK

    JerryK Guest

    I manged to figure this out. I just modified the definition of the WSDL
    file to point to the correct URL. Hopefully everything will work.

    jerry

    JerryK, Mar 2, 2005
  5. JerryK

    Dan Rogers Guest

    You can also set the URL property on the generated proxy to "dynamic" - and
    this will let you set the URL at runtime.
    >From: "JerryK" <>

    <>
    <#>
    >Subject: Re: Dealing with WSDL file in deifferent location than webservice