    --
    Pretty Good Pimp

    http://www.bedoper.com
    Thundercat Stevens, Nov 24, 2005

  2. Thundercat Stevens

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

    > And any other dumb site.
    >
    > Please don't force me to remember my user name AND email address. If I am
    > in your database, send my user name to my email address when I request it.

    What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw combination?

    > Your site, she is broken. Fix her.

    Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 24, 2005

  3. Neredbojias <> wrote in

    > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
    >
    >> And any other dumb site.
    >>
    >> Please don't force me to remember my user name AND email address. If
    >> I am in your database, send my user name to my email address when I
    >> request it.

    > What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw combination?

    Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After about
    50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in the first
    place.

    >> Your site, she is broken. Fix her.

    > Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

    Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

    --
    Pretty Good Pimp

    http://www.bedoper.com
    Thundercat Stevens, Nov 24, 2005
  4. Thundercat Stevens

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

    > Neredbojias <> wrote in
    >
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
    > >
    > >> And any other dumb site.
    > >>
    > >> Please don't force me to remember my user name AND email address. If
    > >> I am in your database, send my user name to my email address when I
    > >> request it.

    > > What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw combination?

    > Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After about
    > 50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in the first
    > place.

    I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
    difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
    name/email set.

    > >> Your site, she is broken. Fix her.

    > > Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

    > Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

    I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
    technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most popular
    on the whole.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 24, 2005
  5. Neredbojias <> wrote in

    > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
    >
    >> Neredbojias <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

    >> > What's the difference between that and the user_name/pw
    >> > combination?

    >> Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After
    >> about 50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in
    >> the first place.

    > I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
    > difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
    > name/email set.

    To clarify, all I should have to remember is my email address, which
    doesn't ever change.

    >> > Most sites are broken, especially the high-ranking ones.

    >> Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

    > I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
    > technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most
    > popular on the whole.

    Stupid standards! I have better things to do than get anal retentive
    about technical details. It works in Firefox, good enough for me.

    --
    Thanks for Nothing, Amerikkka

    http://www.bedoper.com
    Thundercat Stevens, Nov 24, 2005
  6. Thundercat Stevens

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

    > Neredbojias <> wrote in
    >
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
    > >
    > >> Neredbojias <> wrote in

    > >> Erm, with one, I don't have to remember some obscure user name. After
    > >> about 50 sites, I tend to forget what flippant thing I typed in in
    > >> the first place.

    > > I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
    > > difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
    > > name/email set.

    > To clarify, all I should have to remember is my email address, which
    > doesn't ever change.

    But anyone could enter your email address as you, couldn't they? In
    this case perhaps the "username" really functions as a p/w to verify
    your true identity.

    > >> Hell, all of my sites are crippled beyond belief.

    > > I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
    > > technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most
    > > popular on the whole.

    > Stupid standards! I have better things to do than get anal retentive
    > about technical details. It works in Firefox, good enough for me.

    It would help if all browsers interpreted and reacted to the standards
    in the same fashion, yes. Unfortunately, they don't and probably won't
    in my lifetime.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 25, 2005
  7. Neredbojias <> wrote in

    > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:
    >
    >> Neredbojias <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > With neither quill nor qualm, Thundercat Stevens quothed:

    address.

    After

    >> > I agree with that and suffer the same problem, but still see no
    >> > difference in forgetting an obscure user-name/pw set or a user-
    >> > name/email set.

    >> To clarify, all I should have to remember is my email address, which
    >> doesn't ever change.

    > But anyone could enter your email address as you, couldn't they? In
    > this case perhaps the "username" really functions as a p/w to verify
    > your true identity.

    Can they also retrieve my password from my mailbox?

    >> > I don't know if you are joking or not, but I'll bet the most
    >> > technically-correct and functional sites are not among the most
    >> > popular on the whole.

    >> Stupid standards! I have better things to do than get anal retentive
    >> about technical details. It works in Firefox, good enough for me.

    > It would help if all browsers interpreted and reacted to the standards
    > in the same fashion, yes. Unfortunately, they don't and probably won't
    > in my lifetime.

    Standards are so Nazi.

    Thundercat Stevens, Nov 25, 2005
  8. Thundercat Stevens

    JDS Guest

    JDS, Nov 25, 2005
  9. JDS <> wrote in news:pan.2005.11.25.17.34.30.759498
    @example.invalid:

    > On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:40:50 +0000, Thundercat Stevens wrote:
    >
    >> Standards are so Nazi.

    > Und thus, godwin's law is invoked

    And YHBT.

    Thundercat Stevens, Nov 25, 2005